Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let me just say AIA blows, just a bit...

So, as you all have read, I am an unemployed architect that just moved to the Kansas City area. I am trying my darnedest to network and find a way to meet people so I can get a job. BTW I actually just finished my BSCE last year and worked for about 7 months as an engineer before I decided it wasn't for me. Now that I have decided I DO truly want to be an architect, I emailed the local AIA chapter to see what I needed to do to become a member. By member I mean, member for free, since I have no (career oriented) job. After 3 months and no response, decided to contact the National AIA chapter personally to see if I could be a member, for free. Well, those delightful people told me that not only do I not qualify for a free membership, that I don't qualify for a membership at all, because I am not employed! Oh goodies! Thanks AIA, thanks a whole helluva lot! Can't a girl catch a break around here, jeeze.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...