Thursday, March 31, 2011

{ The Nashville Invasion }

The Pilot Light is the best venue in town bringing in the best new bands, and the few weeks are no exception. Two of my newest infatuations (both from Nashville) will be rockin' the Old City.

Turbo Fruits - I don't know as much about this band, and have tried out a few of their other songs, but I keep coming back to this one, Mama's Mad Cos I Fried My Brain. Enjoy!


Heavy Cream - Gettin a lil' hype after playing SXSW this year, Heavy Cream of the Label Infinity Cat (who is home to a few Nashville greats) I suspect will not disappoint. Their energy is that of the Runaways + the Ramones + Best Coast. Plus they got that all 3 out of 4 members are ladies (always a positive in my book). Enjoy the Watusi!


**and don't forget The Royal Bangs will be playing The Late Show With David Letterman on Friday, April 1 (tomorrow). The last time a Knoxville band played late-night network TV, in 1997, it was after midnight (on Conan O’Brien’s Late Night) and that was the V-Roys backing Steve Earle—so this is a big deal.

Heavy Cream

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...