Saturday, April 25, 2009

Best Gallery Showing I've Seen







Maybe ever. I, bored at work, began exploiting my time by taking pics of me in the bathroom (I know I'm narcissistic, but I was lookin' really cute that day) but... luckily Dianna came to my rescue and we (with Patrick and Dave) walked around the corner to the UT MFA thesis exhibit, titled A Fork In The Road. The Research and Information that went into this exhibit was potentially overwhelming, but the artist, did such a great job of presenting it, graphically and also very much interactive-ly! I felt so comfortable and in awe. The exhibit discussed energy usage and how local agriculture can affect energy consumption. After my initial passing through the gallery I did decide to take part of a smaller installation where the artist provided rainbow chard seeds and soil for my own planting and future eating enjoyment (I can't wait til it sprouts! pics will be added!). The information concerning local products, really astonished me... I mean, I know alot of energy went into the transporation and production of food, but the difference that could be made from local farmer grown or your typical grocery store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tricia Stuth told me about this exhibit! I wish I could have seen it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...