Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Welcome to Weston, MO?!

Alrighty, here is the first of many posts on what to do in and around KC. So, I know what you are thinking, "What the hell is there to do in Kansas City?!" I, myself, thought the same thing when I moved here, but soon found out that there is plenty to do around here. Sure, there are no mountains or beaches, and the lakes are the size of ponds in the south (not kidding), but this is America, and there are bars. One of my favorite, and I am sure it would be yours too, is called O'Malley's in Weston, Missouri.

Weston is about 30 minutes north of KC metro and it is pretty awesome. It was established in the 18oo's shortly after the Louis and Clark expedition came through. In 1972 the town was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, since it has maintained a significant portion of its pre Civil War buildings. There are 2 wineries and a brewery located in this historic town and O'Malley's is attached to the Weston Brewing Company. The bar is located in one of five stone lager cellars dug in the 1840s. This is where the original lagers were brewed to keep them at a constant cool temperature. So, it is official, if any 'naders come through, I am going to O'Malley's!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...