Monday, May 21, 2012

{ DIY: bling bling }

So this weekend, I decided to try my hand at a Pinterest DIY. I needed to make a cake stand for my lil' one's birthday, I know, I can hardly believe it's been a year! But while shopping around for sweet DIY materials, I also thought I'd do pretty much the same thing to make a pretty jewelry / makeup with a cute candy dish I found.
So here's the run down incase you wanna make one of these cute stands....



you will need...
candlestick holder
glass plate *Mine had been divided out to 3's, like a candy dish, but I can't find it on the website... really any cheap plate would do.
super glue or any other strong as shit adhesive
and I happened to have the gold rustoleum on hand from another project... spray paint and I go way back
acrylic paint and gloss medium (for top color)

First glue the candlestick holder and plate together, and let sit over night. The next day I sprayed down that bad boy with the gold spray paint. Then I let that sit and dry til the evening. I loved it all gold, but I knew I wanted a good pop of color, so I took out the ol' acrylic paints and painted just the top a blue-ish green and sealed with a gloss medium I had on hand. Once all the paint was dry, Voila! I had a cute bathroom makeup / jewelry stand! and all over under $5. What do ya think?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...