Friday, February 10, 2012

{ Wine Review IV: The Unsophisticated Wine Drinker }

It's been a little bit since I posted a wine review, even though I've been drinkin a lot anyways... so last night I made sure to review this one. 


Wine Review: Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon -Vintage 2009
Price: $10.99


Pros: I hadn't been drinking too much red wine lately (been really into champagne). BUT, the Loon had just made a delicious stuffed sirloin with asparagus, and figured that deserved a good decent red wine. and this one did not disappoint. The smell was light and fruity, and the taste was also fruity, I really noticed the hint of berries, and fairly dry. But I'm a pretty unsophisticated wine drinker... Also the 'alcohol' taste/ strength was not noticeable to taste, so very much a win in my book (remember unsophisticated).

Cons: maybe too dry? It boasted being aged in oak barrels for a few years, and neither the Loon nor I really got that flavor. 
 Overall: 85% - Totally would get this again (and pair it with red meat too). soo heart healthy, jk!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...